Out of the need for the development of a comprehensive and an on-going policy regarding the needs of children and youth in out-of-home care, the Mississippi Association of Child Care Agencies, Inc. (MACCA) was formed. Today, MACCA exists with a primary mission to speak with a unified voice to enhance the quality of life of Mississippi’s children in out-of-home care and their families through, services of advocacy, education and empowerment.
- To promote quality out-of-home care of children and the improvement of residential facilities, programs, and services for children, youth and their families;
- To provide an organization through which residential child care agencies in Mississippi may work cooperatively toward the improvement of group and residential care and related services to children, youth and their families;
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas to identify and address problems related to the out-of-home care of children and youth;
- To provide Member agencies with a Mississippi organization which will emphasize communication and cooperation among organizations concerned with the care and training of children and youth;
- To effect and promote interest in and goodwill for voluntary, residential child care in Mississippi;
- To endorse and promote standards of residential child care and related services which are equal to accepted professional policies, practices, procedures and standards in Mississippi and the nation, and to encourage public accountability among those agencies providing out-of-home care;
- To maintain liaison and communication with all public and private organizations and agencies which are concerned with child welfare through the exchange of information related to the needs of children, youth and their families in Mississippi;
- To provide, on-going informational and educational activities of interest and assistance to the child welfare community.